Participation requires a commitment to coordinating the play for two tee times on one pre-scheduled date during the golf season. You are the “host” for that date. This is your time to shine!
Here is what it entails:
- SignUpGenius will confirm your event two weeks before the scheduled day.
- Schedule two consecutive tee times at the golf course of your choice. Use the Tee Time Guide to plan how early each golf course will accept reservations.
- Notify the Coordinator with the details.
- Manage sign-ups and answer member questions through Punchbowl.
- Perform the “Meet-and-Greet” at the course.
- Coordinate any weather-related issues.
These basic guidelines are set forth below in greater detail.
Confirm Your Date on the Schedule
SignUpGenius will send a confirmation email to you two weeks before the event date. If you have scheduled a time you know will be impossible or difficult to carry out your commitment, let the Coordinator know immediately so she can make appropriate changes. Better yet, contact others on the schedule to see if they will exchange dates with you, and then let the Coordinator know. Follow these same guidelines if something comes up later that affects your availability for your scheduled date.
Reserve the Tee Times
- SignUpGenius will send a reminder 2 weeks ahead of the casual play event.
- About a week or two ahead of your scheduled date (Use the Tee Time Guide), call the golf course of your choice to make two consecutive tee times. See the Tee Time Guide for a listing of courses in the immediate area.
Notify the Coordinator
As soon as you make your tee-times, send an e-mail to the Coordinator stating the date, times, location, pro shop phone number and green fees to walk and ride. Let the Coordinator know if you want to use Punchbowl or have members email you if they want to play. The Coordinator will set up the event using Punchbowl. If the email method is preferred, the Coordinator will send out the email with your contact information.
|Members RSVP||Members will RSVP directly in Punchbowl||Members will send an email to the Hostess if they want to play.|
|Waitlist||No waitlist function in Punchbowl||Manual waitlist. Contact those on the waitlist to confirm their position and status.|
|Evaluate Signups||Two days before the round, log in to Punchbowl and evaluate the signups. Based on the number of signups, either add a tee time or cancel an excess tee time. If the second tee time is cancelled, be sure to change the capacity to 4.||Two days before the round, evaluate the number of signups. Either add a tee time or cancel an excess tee time.|
|Send Confirmation||Punchbowl will automatically send a confirmation to all “Yes” RSVPs two days before the event.||Two days before the event, email a final roster to all members attending.|
Perform the Meet-and-Greet
The “Meet-and-Greet” is a critical aspect of casual play. You are serving as the host for this casual play event and you will want to greet each participant as she arrives and answer any questions she might have. If the players do not have a preference about pairings, you can assist in pairing players. Here are some guidelines:
- Arrive at the course 45 minutes before the first tee-time, and check in. Let them know you are the person who made the tee times, you will be greeting people, etc.
- Ascertain player levels, who has a low index, etc.
- Be sure to introduce everyone.
- Try to group the walkers together.
- If you are unable to play that day, please arrange with one of the players to fill in as hostess at the last minute.
Coordinate Weather-Related Issues
If the event will be rained out, call the golf course to cancel the tee times and send a cancellation email to everyone through Punchbowl.