Participation requires a commitment to coordinating the play for two tee times on one pre-scheduled date during the golf season. You are the “host” for that date. This is your time to shine!
Here is what it entails:
- Confirm your scheduled date on the schedule.
- Schedule two consecutive tee times at the golf course of your choice.
- Notify the Coordinator with the details.
- Manage sign-ups including a wait list if needed.
- Perform the “Meet-and-Greet” at the course.
- Coordinate any weather-related issues, manage the wait list and answer all questions.
These basic guidelines are set forth below in greater detail.
Confirm Your Date on the Schedule
The Coordinator sends out a schedule at the beginning of the season. If you have scheduled a time you know will be impossible or difficult to carry out your commitment, let the Coordinator know immediately so she can make appropriate changes. Better yet, contact others on the schedule to see if they will exchange dates with you, and then let the Coordinator know. Follow these same guidelines if something comes up later that affects your availability for your scheduled date.
Reserve the Tee Times
- The Coordinator usually sends a reminder about a week ahead of the casual play event.
- About a week ahead of your scheduled date, call the golf course of your choice to make two consecutive tee times. See the Golf Course Directory for a listing of courses in the immediate area.
Notify the Coordinator
As soon as you make your tee-times, send an e-mail to the Coordinator stating the date, times, location, pro shop phone number and green fees to walk and ride. The Coordinator will set up the event using Punchbowl.
- Members will RSVP to Punchbowl if they wish to play.
- If the sign-ups exceed the available spots, contact those on the waitlist to confirm their position and status (some members will just make other plans).
- Two days before the round, log in to Punchbowl and evaluate the signups. Based on the number of signups, either add a tee time or cancel an excess tee time
Perform the Meet-and-Greet
The “Meet-and-Greet” is a critical aspect of casual play. You are serving as the host for this casual play event and you will want to greet each participant as she arrives and answer any questions she might have. If the players do not have a preference about pairings, you can assist in pairing players. Here are some guidelines:
- Arrive at the course 45 minutes before the first tee-time, and check in. Let them know you are the person who made the tee times, you will be greeting people, etc.
- Ascertain player levels, who has a low index, etc.
- Be sure to introduce everyone, and make sure everyone has a score card.
- If you are unable to play that day, please arrange with one of the players to fill in as hostess at the last minute.
Coordinate Weather-Related Issues
If the event will be rained out, call the golf course to cancel the tee times and send a cancellation email to everyone through Punchbowl.