The Hostess for Casual Play commits to coordinate three tee times on the prescheduled date. FWGA asks that you sign up to host two to three times a year. This will be your time to shine and “host” for those dates!
Here is what it entails:
- SignUp Genius will confirm your event two weeks before the scheduled day.
- Schedule three consecutive tee times at the golf course of your choice. Use the GOLF COURSE GUIDE to plan how early each golf course will accept reservations.
- Notify the Casual Play Coordinator with the details.
- Manage sign-ups and answer member questions through Punchbowl.
- Perform the “Meet-and-Greet” at the course.
- Coordinate any weather-related issues.
And that’s basically it! Now go out and have fun!
These basic guidelines are set forth in greater detail below:
Confirm Your Date on the Schedule
- SignUpGenius will send a confirmation email to you two weeks before the event date.
- If it will be impossible or difficult to carry out your commitment on this date, let the Casual Play Coordinator know immediately so she can make appropriate changes. Better yet, contact others on the Hostess schedule to see if they will exchange dates with you, and then let the Coordinator know. Follow these same guidelines if something comes up later that affects your availability for your scheduled date.
Reserve the Tee Times
- SignUpGenius will send a reminder 2 weeks ahead of the Casual Play Event.
- About a week or two ahead of your scheduled date, call the golf course of your choice to make three consecutive tee times.
- See the GOLF COURSE GUIDE for a listing of courses in the immediate area.
Notify the Coordinator
- As soon as you make your tee-times, send an e-mail to the appropriate Casual Play Coordinator stating the date, times, location, pro shop phone number and green fees to walk and ride.
- The Coordinator will set up the event using Punchbowl.
- Members will RSVP directly in Punchbowl.
- log into Punchbowl to monitor the signups. Based on the number of signups a tee time may need to be cancelled. If a tee time is cancelled change the capacity to the appropriate number of players.
- Punchbowl will automatically send a confirmation to all “Yes” RSVPs two days before the event.
Perform the Meet-and-Greet
The “Meet-and-Greet” is a critical aspect of casual play. You are serving as the host for this casual play event and you will want to greet each participant as she arrives and answer any questions she might have. If the players do not have a preference about pairings, you can assist in pairing players. Here are some guidelines:
- Arrive at the course 45 minutes before the first tee-time, and check in. Let them know you are the person who made the tee times, you will be greeting people, etc.
- Ascertain player levels, who has a low index, etc.
- Be sure to introduce everyone.
- Try to group the walkers together.
- If you are unable to play that day, please arrange with one of the players to fill in as hostess at the last minute.
Coordinate Weather-Related Issues
If the event will be rained out, call the golf course to cancel the tee times and send a cancellation email to everyone through Punchbowl.