Here is what it entails:
- Confirm your scheduled date on the schedule.
- Schedule two consecutive tee times.
- Notify the Coordinator with the details.
- Manage sign-ups with Whoozin.
- Perform the “Meet-and-Greet” at the course.
- Coordinate any weather-related issues, manage the wait list and answer all questions addressed to organizer through Whoozin.
These basic guidelines are set forth below in greater detail.
Confirm Your Date on the Schedule
The Coordinator sends out a schedule at the beginning of the season. If you have been scheduled at a time you know will be impossible or difficult to carry out your commitment, let the Coordinator know immediately so she can make appropriate changes. Better yet, contact others on the schedule to see if they will exchange dates with you, and then let the Coordinator know. Follow these same guidelines if something comes up later that affects your availability for your scheduled date.
Reserve the Tee Times
- The Coordinator usually sends a reminder about a week ahead of the casual play event.
- About a week ahead of your scheduled date, call the course to make two consecutive tee times. See the Golf Course Directory for a listing of courses in the immediate area.
Notify the Coordinator
As soon as you make your tee-times, send an e-mail to the Coordinator stating the date, times, location, pro shop phone number and green fees to walk and ride.
Members sign-up for the casual play events through Whoozin. The hostess monitors RSVP’s using Whoozin. Please watch the Whoozin Hostess video for step-by-step instructions.
Perform the Meet-and-Greet
The “Meet-and-Greet” is a critical aspect of casual play. You are serving as the host for this casual play event and you will want to greet each participant as she arrives and answer any questions she might have. If the players do not have a preference about pairings, you can assist in pairing players. Here are some guidelines:
- Arrive at the course 45 minutes before the first tee-time, and check in. Let them know you are the person who made the tee times, you will be greeting people, etc.
- Ascertain player levels, who has a low index, etc.
- Be sure to introduce everyone, and make sure everyone has a score card.
- If you are unable to play that day, please arrange with one of the players to fill in as hostess at the last minute.
Coordinate Weather-Related Issues
If the event will be rained out, call the golf course to cancel the tee times and go into Whoozin and “Cancel The Event”.